Thursday, April 28, 2011

SHHHhhhh---I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!


Yes, I am excited about the royal wedding! I have gathered from coworkers, message board pps and others that this is over the top shite and they are sick of it, but I am not. I'm not exactly sure why it is so important to me or what it represents but I can't wait. Maybe it's because I didn't have my own traditional wedding or maybe just because the idea of royalty is still intriguing to me. I am not just watching for the dress; I want the see the whole shebang. I love the precision of the military procession and the well-wishers that camp out to get a view of the spectacle.
Although many may find it silly or, at worst, pathetic, I am having my own little Royal Wedding watching party with petit fours, champagne and I might even dress up:) I am pretty sure my husband will humor me and watch with me as he lived in the UK for 5 years and a bit attached to British culture. Even if you aren't that into it or find it silly, who can resist seeing 2 really beautiful people commit to each other and a "commoner" become a princess? Set your alarms for 4.....

2 comments:

christine donee said...

Confession? I didn't watch it.

Sigh.

But I am thoroughly enjoying all of these photos...

Victoria said...

Yeah, it's not for everyone but I am also still enjoying all the pics from the wedding;)